Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Rocky Start

A new blog, and a new site design, which I am long overdue in posting. The last time the site was updated was for Mother's Day. Horrible, huh?

Now I am supposed to be moving. I don't know where. I don't know when. And, as of Friday, I don't even know if. But I have taken a week off to make the move, and I'm going to at least make the most of the time I won't spend processing passports and commuting to Portsmouth. Some of that time I will spend getting this site ready for more frequent updates. You can already see four picture galleries, and more will come as fast as I can create them, a much easier task using iPhoto's Web Export feature. And I hope to get Thomas and Karen in the land of blog before the end of October.

And I'm also going to get rid of a lot of old stuff I no longer use, and begin a daily habit of archiving things I do want to keep, but not in their current form. Like old records that would be fine as MP3 files, or my aritst's/filmmaker's morgue which would be better as an electronic database system. And even digital photos of some of the things I like to have around to look at, but don't want to move from place to place.

And I'm going to try to find a job closer to home. Maybe even one that pays better.

No comments: