Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Driving Force

Today was a day of driving, but then what's new for New Hampshire?

I only worked a half day, thanks to the generousity of our facility director, who let us each have four hours off to use at our discretion. I chose today because Thomas had an orthodontist appointment in Laconia. So after a nice lunch at Taco Bell (a rare treat), I went off towards home. Now, follow me if you dare. I drove the usual commute home, and then a bit more to Kingswood High to pick up Tom. That took about an hour. Then to Laconia, on the other side of the lake, for the appointment, a 45-minute drive. The appointment took about twnety minutes, after which we drove home to leave Tom off, stopping for a snack and gasoline on the way, making the trip about 55 minutes. I crossed paths with Karenm, who was on the way to class, for all of five minutes, and then I went off to a dental appointment of my own. That, at least, was only ten minutes away.

I picked up Danny and Will on the way home. Whew! And now, having fed the young ones and put them in pajamas (actually sweatsuits made to look like Superman's clothing, complete with cape), I need to brush teeth and read tonight's story. Hmm. Better find my reading glasses.

No comments: