Thursday, July 19, 2007

Trickle, Trickle, Splash, Splash

This has been a awfully rainy summer, and I'm frankly sick of it. I wouldn't mind if it was several sunny days punctuated by one big storm from time to time, but it just seems to go on and on. Nothing spectacular, but just enough to kind of spoil the days.

Today I did my monthly Grand Jury duty, and it didn't rain at all, until it was time to leave, and then it rained steadily. Figures.

I have discovered that directing community theater is a wonder, but also frustrating, experience. Wonderful because everone is there for the love of theater and works very hard. Frustrating because the actors, not getting paid to do this, have to attend to their real lives, and it's hard to get everyone together in the same theater on the same night. I think we've only had two rehearsals so far with the whole cast. I might be wrong about that. It may have been only one.

But with all of that, I think "Refund," and the other shows we're presenting that night, will be very entertaining.

And just before our shows open, the auditions for "Pajama Game" will be held. I'll be there, and I hope to be up on stage rehearsing in September. I love directing, but I think I'll be happy to be responsible for just one character for a little while.

No comments: