Thursday, October 18, 2007

Trouble

I’m in Dutch with the wife. I tried to tell her otherwise, but she’s convinced that I am--I hardly know how to say this--a competent plumber.

It’s my own fault. Over the course of the year to date I have replaced the drain and faucet in the kitchen, the valve in the downstairs shower and now, much to my detriment, I have done what I never thought I would even have attempted: I replaced a water heater.

I couldn’t help myself. I was seduced by the lure of easy savings. Lowe’s wanted $340 to install the thing, three days’ pay. And the more I thought about it, after Karen suggested it, the more I had convinced myself that I could do it.

The problem is that I could. And did. And worse still, it works. Sigh.

So remember that we are soon building a new house. I already have been stupid enough to let my wife know that I can wire a house. Now she gets the idea that I can plumb it as well.

It’s not true! Really! Sigh

No comments: