Saturday, November 13, 2010

Still Suffering a Mac Attack

Fixing my poor Mac Mini has been harder than I ever thought it would be. Although the hard disk does not appear to be trashed, the part of the data that tells the system where everything is located has major problems. This means that copying the old files to a backup drive is hit and miss. Mostly miss.

Fortunately, I have most of the files on an earlier backup, but I'm trying to recover some of the recent changes, which include some Website redesigns (not for TheBrooksBunch.com, but for others) and recent email and notes on the next show that I'm directing. There are also some pictures from my camera to recover.

I don't want you to think that the computer has dominated my life for the past week, though. There has been a lot going on, including the opening of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella at the Village Players. I'm handling the lighting booth, and it's my first time. For a couple of days leading up to the opening, I was worried that I wasn't going to do a good job, but dress rehearsal went well, and opening night went, well, almost perfectly (I did have two glitches, but no one in the audience noticed). We have performances tonight and tomorrow afternoon, and then we get a break for a couple of days.

Today the boys and I are joining the Cub Scouts for a rocket launch. Daniel wants to add some extra decoration to his rocket, so I need to cut this short and set him up to do that.

The Web site will be closer to normal within a few days, and more pictures will be on the way.

No comments: