Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Camp Week, Hell Week

Last Friday we brought William to Camp Sebago in Standish, ME for his first ever week away from home. We have not heard from him, which is a good sign, because the only reason for the camp to call is in an emergency, and there apparently hasn't been one.

On the other hand, this is Hell Week at the Village Players, that lovely run-up to opening night where pretty much everything is an emergency, especially for me, since I'm directing the current play. Tonight we ran through the technical operations: sound, lighting, and set changes. The show actually ran pretty much the same as the show will run tomorrow for dress rehearsal, and Thursday for full dress. (What's the difference? The actors don't have to wear makeup until full dress.)

Of course, there were a couple of little things missing. Like the main lighting effect, which we have not gotten set up yet although we have only two rehearsals until the real show. And sound from stage right, where my speaker was accidentally kicked, destroying the connector I had plugged into it.

Ah, the theater is so relaxing.

I think I'll go to bed so that I can have some bad dreams.

No comments: