Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year, New Site

During the month of January, and perhaps well into February, I'm going to do a complete technical rewrite of the Brooks Bunch Web site. This is not out of dissatisfaction with the look of the site, and it's certainly not because I have a lot of time on my hands. I am undertaking this refit because when I went to add a simple page to the site to display the books we wrote with the boys, it took much longer than it should have, because my latest design was very inflexible.

What does this mean to you? Not much. You might notice some visual changes, but mostly of the sort you see here from time to time anyway—new pictures of the family, the occasional new feature.

But I'm mostly telling you this because I'm incorporating some of the latest techniques that I've been learning. And so, very likely, I'm going to mess it up. So if the site is not working for some time here and there in the next month or so, you'll know who to blame. And you should just ignore it and come back later to take a look.

Because I am paying attention. Really.

No comments: