Monday, January 11, 2021

We're Back!

I last updated this blog on Christmas. Of 2018. It was just after the last time I saw my mother alive, and just a couple of months before she could no longer manage to get on her computer to see the pictures on our website. I did manage to send pictures, the old-fashioned way, but it didn't seem worth the effort to update the blog and site, since Mom was the only one looking at them.

Mom is gone now, since the first month of that horrible year we all just finished. But there have been highlights, not the least of which is that my beautiful granddaughter Lyria is now living with us, which means that I get to see her every day.

But not everyone does, and so I felt it was time to revive the website, and the blog, so that family members who live somewhere else can enjoy the highlights without having to be on Facebook Messenger, hoping that someone finds the time to post.

I'm not going to try to catch up on the events of 2020, because then I would have to relive more of it than I really want to. Suffice to mention that all my children are now living under my roof again, and that while we would pretty much all prefer something different than what's happening, we've all managed to stay healthy and safe. One key event from 2020 that I will mention is that I've retired from The Windrifter and will now be working on projects at home.

And so I will take it from here, a brand new year, off to a shaky start but filled with promise. Hope you'll hang in, follow along, and stay safe.


No comments: