Saturday, January 06, 2007

What Month Is This?

Today would be a typical day for New Hampshire--if the date were in April. When I took Thomas to work this morning at 7:00, the temperature outside was 56 degrees, and it was raining. By the afternoon, WIll and Danny were playing in the sun wearing only light jackets, and then only because it was windy. The sun was shining, and the temperature had climbed to 65 degrees.

As I'm writing this, we just had a quick downpour roll through. It's the kind of weather pattern we see here in the summer!

On my weather.com home page, in addition to the weather in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, I also check the weather in Burbank and Oakhurst, California; Roseburg, Oregon; Stewartsville, New Jersey; and Kailua, Hawaii. RIght now the only place with a higher temperature than ours is Kailua at 77 degrees.

We have had snow only twice this season so far, both times less than three inches, and both times followed quickly by warm weather and rain that removed the snow.

I'm not complaining; my heating bill and my commute are only two of the many aspects of daily life benefitting from the mild weather. But it feels very strange, and makes us all wonder what might be coming our way in the months ahead. Can anyone say Colorado and Kansas?

With warm regards . . . .

No comments: