Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tom's Home!

I picked up Tom at the airport this morning. Before I left, I took the dog outside and looked over by the pond and saw a lunar eclipse in progress. I had heard, but forgotten, about it. I got Karen up to see it. By the time it had reached totality, though, the view was gone. Too much mist on the pond and then too much sunlight. But it was a nice surprise.

Tom's flight left about an hour late, and was a red-eye to begin with, so Thomas is, well, fast asleep. At least he was when I left the house early this afternoon.

He had a good time in California, and had lots to tell about for someone who is bone weary. He didn't unfortunately, take much in the way of pictures (he's not his monther, that one). But I'm sure he'll have more to tell when he's gotten some rest.

Hoping for some of the same myself tonight. Been going and going and not getting enough sleep. But it's been all for good cause: theater and family.

Had an excavation contractor looking over our home site today, and we'll apply for permits within the next week, I expect, once we have the paperwok in order.

Meanwhile, work, theater, and then some family fun for the long weekend. Tom's staying home. I think he's had enough of long drives to last him for awhile.

No comments: