Sunday, September 09, 2007

Dancing Fool

I find myself with a few rare moments to spare, having arrived early for tonight’s rehearsal. “Babe” is singing “I’m Not At All In Love,” while the chorus members learn their parts of the song. They’ve been running through the choreography, and I must say I’m impressed, and very glad that I don’t have to nearly as much dancing as the chorus.

I’m having trouble practicing my dancing at home. It’s not that I don’t have the time, but the only place in the house that has enough clear space is the living room, and the floor of the living room is (how can I put this?) a bit springy. So when I start to dance, all 235 pounds of me, the room shakes a bit and I feel like the TV is going to fall down. I think I need to try the back deck.

I also think I need to be up on the stage in just a few minutes for the minor part I play in the number “Racing With the Clock.”

No comments: