Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tired, But Happy

The first weekend of “The Pajama Game” has come to a close. After a solid week of nerve-racking rehearsal, we finally brought it all together. With three performances (before three terrific audiences) in the can, we get a couple of days of rest, one quick refresher (without having to make the rushed costume changes that are an integral part of this show) and another rest day before we hit the boards again.

What I love about working with The Village Players is that they take it all very seriously, and yet make it all seriously fun. I don’t think I’m going to get another chance to perform there again for a while, and I’m going to miss it.

But it’s also very tiring, especially with this family’s hectic and unpredictable schedule. And, for some reason, this show is even more exhausting than “A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum,” even though I was on stage for most of that. Perhaps it’s because I actually dance in this show, and when I’m not on the stage I’m running up the stairs to change my clothes.

Fortunately, I have tomorrow off to rest a bit before I have to go back to work.

In other news, we got our building permit, and now we’re just trying to get on the schedule for excavation and foundation. In this neck of the woods, you have to get these two tings done before the truly cold weather sets in, before the ground feezes hard and makes the whole thing more expensive, or even impossible.

Karen’s store had their Family Night tonight. I was on stage, but Karen took the two younger boys and they had a good time. The store opens tomorrow, mostly unannounced, and the Grand Opening is Thursday.

And now that the Rochester store will be open, I can stop by on my way home, say hello to my wife (a rare treat these days!) and pick up anything we need for the new house.

No comments: