Saturday, December 29, 2007

Slush

It's very slushy here today. It snowed for awhile, and then rained for a while longer. The result was a good deal of icy slush that had to be shoveled off the driveway. About a week into winter and I'm already done with snow. The weather will no doubt have other ideas.

I realize I haven't written since before Christmas. Karen got a bad cold and the weather got a little inconvenient and I wanted to get the holiday page put together, so I just haven't had any time until today.

Christmas, though, was quite nice overall. The kids couldn't decide what toys to play with and so went back and forth trying to play with everything. Except for Thomas, who spent most of the day playing the family's new Nintendo Wii system.

What Karen and I gave each other for Christmas this year is a new house. Not quite ready in time for the big day, but far enough along to see and walk through and imagine. It's a very different experience than building the house in California. That one we expected to have done for use pretty much, and then we just walked in and started setting up house. This one, once the professionals have given us a shell, is more a craft project on a gigantic scale. Stay tuned.

Just as the weather seemed to be the only thing I had to write about last year, forgive me if I dont' have much to say about anything other than the house for awhile. That's just the way it is. Building the new house, moving out of the old house, and selling the old house will pretty much take over our lives for at least the next could of months. And after that it will probably be preparation for our temporary move to California.

Hope I.m not boring you.

No comments: