Saturday, December 08, 2007

What a Day!

The problem started yesterday when I got off work 1-1/2 hours early. A good thing, and as it turned out, a very necessary one. Because when I got on the rooad I started hearing a load clunk from my left front wheel. At first I thought I might have ice caught somewhere, but a quick look at the wheel well found it completely ice-free. I took it to a garage near work, but they were booked and unable to even look at the car. So I limped it up to Wolfeboro to leave it with my mechanic. By the time I'd gotten it up there, I'd pretty much eaten up my free 1-1/2 hours.

Karen was working last night until 7:00, so I had to walk the boys down to the local pizza parlor, sit to dinner with them, and wait for Karen. We killed a little extra time by going and renting a couple of movies, one for the boys to watch today, and another for me to watch tonight while waiting for Karen to come home at about 9:30. Good move, as it turns out.

Because it's William's turn to be sick. Oh no! We were supposed to cut our Christmas tree today, and go into the bank, and take Karen into work so that I'd have a car. So much for that. Fortunately for William, he tends to bounce back pretty fast, and he’s very grown-up about the whole sickness thing. And that movie we rented last night will come in handy for giving William some nice, quiet distraction.

It's interesting, the differences between our children. Danny whines a lot when he is sick, but never stops talking until he just can't stay awake any more. William, on the other hand, will be very quiet and reserved, and sleep a lot until the sickness goes away. Danny is very demanding, and wants everyone to do everything for hom. William will go take care of things for himself without even asking anyone else. And both boys feel better quickly.

Which is good, because tomorrow we are off to Jefferson, about two hours from here, for a cold but fun day at Santa’s Village.

No comments: