Sunday, January 20, 2008

Frozen

It was cold today. Not as cold as the Weather Channel had predicted, but the temperature never got above 20, and that's cold. It didn't stop William and Daniel from going out sledding on our driveway for quite some time.

I missed most of that because I was out with Thomas giving him some driving practice. New Hampshire law requires that a driver under 18 cannot get his or her license without practicing with a licensed driver over the age of 25 for at least 20 hours. I prepared for thie drive with a shot of caffeine and Tylenol. I couldn't find any Valium.

Actually, I'm joking. Thomas is a good, cautious driver and it's kind of nice having a chauffeur. We drove for over two hours today and the only time my knuckles got a bit white was when some knucklehead in a pickup popped out from a blind parking space in front of the car. Thomas handled it well, which is more than I can say for the (adult) knucklehead.

By the way, if you are impressed that I remember how to spell chauffeur, don't be. Beyond spellcheck, I have a great dictionary that comes with Mac OS X. If you can just figure out how the word starts, it gives you a list of possibilities to choose from. And when you find the right one, it highlights it so you can copy and paste. I love OS X!

After we got home and before it got dark, Tom and I cleared off the tarp covering the leach field to keep ahead of the next snow storm, expected Tuesday, though not expected to amount to much, which is fine with me.

And now it's time for dinner. Salmon tonight. Karen prepares it with orange juice and butter, baking then briefly broiling the fish. One of my favorites, so I won't linger here, for both snow removal and cold weather give me an appetite.

No comments: