Sunday, November 23, 2008

That's a Wrap!

Tonight, playing to our fifth consecutive sold-out house (out of only six performances), we performed Oklahoma! for the last time. The Village Players theater will go dark until the Spring, and I go back to real life.

I have, of course, a lot of real life to go back to, and I could sure use the time I was spending performing, rehearsing, and practicing at home, not to mention the sleep I lost because I was dreaming in lyrics from the show (something that, oddly, never happened to me for either Forum or Pajama Game).

But as always, I'm already experiencing post-show let-down, and I think even more this time. It was a great show, with a wonderful cast and crew made up of familiar as well as new faces, and I've so much enjoyed working with every one of them. I wish that I could do this for a living, but, alas, that isn't in the cards, at least not the way my life is now.

So it's back to house building and house selling and job searching. But right now it's off to bed.

After I go up and shave off my moustache.

No comments: