Friday, September 11, 2009

Internet In, Phone Coming

We finally have our high-speed Internet connection, so I can start updating the site again, starting tomorrow. Phones will come next week, but it looks like we will keep our existing number.

The house, as anyone who's moved will know, is piled high with boxes and unplaced furniture. We're settling in gradually, trying to get the essentials done first. I just got the washer and dryer hooked up two nights ago, and this weekend I need to finish the installation of the dishwasher.

The most important thing we have to do is sort. The old house, with its kneewalls and sheds, had far too much deep storage to put things into and then forget about them. Can't get away with that now!

And, of course, the house isn't really finished yet. We only have one useable shower, and the attic is still, well, an attic when it supposed to be a bedroom. So there will be a lot of inside construction work going on to keep us warm this winter!

Now that I finally (I've been waiting so long) have a high-speed connection, it will be much easier to post pictures and movies. Before I had to load them on to my laptop (a 7-year-old iBook) and go to the library to use their connection. Now I can do it right from home. There should be a lot more updates in the near future.

Hold me to it!

No comments: