Friday, July 11, 2014

Castle In the Clouds

Karen is in love. With a house. In Moultonborough, New Hampshire. It's known as "The Castle In the Clouds," and it was built in 1914 by a shoe factory owner named Thomas Plant. It's a huge house, but that's not what Karen is in love with: it was built during the Arts and Crafts movement, and every detail shows it.

We spent the afternoon there with the boys, stopping on the grounds for a picnic lunch. Then we had to rush back for my final rehearsal. Tonight is opening night. So what will I be doing to prepare for this momentous occasion? Working on Karen's trailer, what else? By the time you've rehearsed a show this much, it doesn't do any good to beat yourself over the head with it leading up to the big night. I feel ready, and I've got a great cast up there with me.

So now I have to go do carpentry. Now that makes me nervous.

No comments: