Saturday, January 03, 2015

Here It Comes Again

Tonight we are expecting anywhere from four to six inches of snow, followed by freezing rain, and then regular old rain. Put it all together and it means a really good chance for a power outage. So don't be surprised if the picture of the day tomorrow is a repeat. And for that matter, don't be surprised, or worried, if you can't get us on the phone.

Because around no power here means no phone, Internet, or running water. We might do something about that in our next (and, with luck, final) house, but for now we're stuck with it.

This mixed (and boy, do I mean mixed) precipitation will be followed by about four or five days of cold weather, even for New Hampshire. After that, I have no idea what we're getting into, but I'll just take it as it comes. I really have no choice

I expect if we get a power outage this time, it won't be for quite as long as the last one. For one thing, I don't think the wet snow will be as widespread, and for another, the rain will be easier for the line crews to deal with than the ice that finished up the other storm. Still, the tub is filled with water for flushing toilets, and I'm about to charge up the tablets and phones so that we have some entertainment the doesn't require A/C power.

And, I'm happy to say, I have one heater that doesn't require electricity.

No comments: