Sunday, January 04, 2015

Spared

To my amazement, we didn't lose power during this storm. Of course, it turned out to be a pretty good storm for not knocking out power. The snow stayed light and fluffy almost until it turned into freezing rain. As a result, the snow didn't stay on the trees for the most part, and so there was far less chance of limbs falling on the lines.

On the other hand, you could be all superstitious and say that the power didn't go out because, unlike last time, we were prepared for it. In any case, we had a fairly normal day today, except for the snow shoveling.

Busy week this week. Danny is going to try snowboarding for the first time, using Thomas' old equipment, and he has three basketball practices and a meeting of the Book Talk Club coming up. Assuming that none of them is called off for weather.

And now that the kids will be back in school, I have to get back into the swing of regular writing. I've got a book in the works, a short story, and a song. I expect to have to song done this week, and the story by next week. And I'm only giving myself about three months for the (admittedly fairly short) book.

So I'd better get myself some sleep; I'm going to need it!

No comments: