Monday, January 11, 2016

Not Our New Look

Obviously, a big change in the website, but this is not the facelift I mentioned in my most recent post. It's just a temporary little dedication to our latest craft project, our little cardboard "putz houses." We teamed up with Karen to make these as holiday gifts, which we have mostly shipped out (with a few exceptions).

I'll probably keep this version up for awhile as I gather new portraits and experiments with new looks for the site. I know that it will include more pages like the one I put together for the putz houses. The engine that displays that page can be used for other craft project, recipes, or anything that needs a good display of step-by-step or sequential photos.

I think I'm also going to let the front page run a bit longer, still with a daily picture near the top, but with more pictures and text available without having to leave the front page.

I don't know yet exactly what all that stuff will be, or what it's going to look like. But you'll see it when it gets uploaded, and you'll have to let me know what you think.

By the way, there are a couple of things missing from this current version. The help page is gone, but I'm hoping the new site won't need one. The links page is gone just because some of my new formatting broke it and I still need to fix it. It might be obsolete, too, as I move more links to the front page.

And, as you can tell, the portraits are gone. They were outdated anyway, but new ones will come with the new look. Keep up with us. There's lots happening this year.

No comments: