Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Sleepless In New Durham

It's been a busy couple of weeks, and there's more in store. It was a perfect storm of camping, preparations for camping, and the arrival of opening night for Cole Porter's Kiss Me Kate at the Village Players. I'm playing General Harrison Howell. And the most difficult thing to find time for in the whole schedule has been sleep.

It isn't that there aren't enough hours in the day. Well, okay, it's partly that. But the real problem is that the schedule is a mess. Rehearsals and many of Karen's work days are late, but I get up early to help the kids (Danny mostly) get on the bus. I can sometimes go back to bed for awhile, but not often.

And then there's camping. I've been having a lot of fun camping, mostly because of the music, but I don't actually sleep much in the trailer. It's just a little too narrow for two people, especially when one of them is me, because I tend to sprawl and kind of hang over the edge of the bed.

I'm catching up though, which has made it possible to catch up on other things, such as this blog and the pictures on the site. Nothing else, likely, until the show is at least past its opening weekend, but it's a start.

Opening weekend is, by the way, this weekend. Yikes. I'd better get back to studying the song I just learned last night and promised to sing backup vocals for. Again, yikes.

I would only do this for the love of theater.

No comments: