Monday, February 25, 2008

Holding Our Breath

Yet more snow is predicted for tomorrow morning, through Wednesday. The Weather Channel says we'll only get about an inch of accumulation. My local station, which I admit is not all that local, being about 30 miles away in Dover, says to expect up to eight inches. I hope The Weather Channel is right.

Usually, to say you are done with winter at this time of year is a bit silly; we all know it's a bit early to say goodbye to the snow. But everyone is saying it now, because we've had so much snow, with so many rain and ice storms inbetween that did little to melt the snow, but instead created layers and piles of hard ice that can't be plowed away. We are so done with winter. I just don't know to what degree winter is done with us.

The house now has framing for three walls in the basement, along with a set of temporary stairs. The framing should all be done by the end of the week. I'm not sure what the schedule looks like after that, except that I'm hoping to pull a lot of wire this weekend.

I am back on the stage at the Village Players again. I missed the audition for "You Can't Take It With You." But with nine male roles, plus a couple of extras, not enough men showed up for the audition, so in response to a pleading email from one of my former directors, I volunteered. They didn't have to beg too hard; it's a lot of fun, and the role I'm playing doesn't involve a lot of dialogue, so I have enough time to study my lines even with all that's going on.

Meanwhile, we're just trying to get as much done as we can until the thaw finally comes. And then we'll have to hit the decks running to take advantage of the good weather. Wish us luck!

No comments: