Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kicking the Clouds Away

The title of this entry is also the title of a wonderful piano piece by George Gershwin, and something I'd dearly love to do. Because although the clouds we've had each day this week haven't brought much rain, they have brought a lot of darkness, making it just a little harder to see in the new house where I am trying to pull wire.

I'm doing it anyway, but it sure does get alittle dim down there in the basement, even in the late afternoon when, in the absence of the clouds, the sun would be streaming in the west windows and lighting up even the most isolated corner of the utility room.

William visited the dentist today to get a couple of small cavities filled. He needs a little work on dental hygiene, but when it comes to being a good patient, William is a champ! No complaints, no wiggling, and he followed instructions to the letter. If only any of my boys would be that way at home.

Meanwhile, at home, I'm all over the place, between one house and the other, with trips into town to leave off or pick up boys. Thomas, at least, is done with school and available to help, until he gets a job (so I'd better take advantage of him while I still can). But with it all I'm still managing to be relatively productive, certainly moreso than when I was commuting two hours a day.

And now the hour is late, and while I no longer have to arise at 5:00, with two young ones in the house I certainly don't get to do anything that a sane person would consider "sleeping in." So I had better get off to bed.

No comments: