Monday, January 11, 2010

Let There Be Heat

We finally have our propane heat installed. I can feel the difference already! You can see the Monitor heater behind Karen in this picture. We still need to do some work in the basement so we can install a propane heater down there. That will not only help with the cost of heating the basement, but it will make the floor upstairs feel warmer.


Cub Scouts tonight and skating tomorrow, which leaves me scrambling for time on the way home because Karen's schedule doesn't let her get home in time to join us.

On the other hand, I get a rare opportunity to be alone in the house on Saturday and alone with Karen on Monday because of an odd school schedule designed to accommodate construction this summer at the high school. The kids have to make up a snow day on Saturday, and they don't get MLK Day, but I do (and Karen just happens to have that day off).

I need to enjoy it while I can, because it's not going to happen next year.

No comments: