Monday, March 03, 2014

A Date Day

Karen and I actually got to spend quite a bit of time alone together today. We went out to lunch, went to the library for a bit, and then exercised at the gym before Karen went for a short swim. We actually stayed out until after William got home from school and a little before Thomas left for work.

I wish Karen had more days off. I could get used to this.

Oh, another update on the cake front. William made the frosting last night, and a marshmallow fondant. And the result was nothing short of delicious. I think that William is going to be a fine young cake baker. And he's talking about taking the culinary program at the high school when the time comes.

I think that's an excellent idea. Not only because William seems to have both an aptitude and a passion, but because the culinary program at the local high school it really excellent. Karen and I have eaten at their restaurant and enjoyed both the food and the service thoroughly.

I'll be interested to see how that plays out. Meanwhile, we get to be the lucky beneficiaries of his experimentation.

No comments: