Thursday, February 04, 2010

Active Week

There's been something to keep us busy every night this week. Monday was Scouting; Danny heard a lecture on airplanes from one of the leaders who is also a pilot and airplane mechanic, and he made a balsa glider, with some help from Dad (so any shortcomings are most likely Dad's fault). William learned about tools and played some fun games with his fellow Bear Scouts.

Tuesday was skating. Both William and Daniel are getting very comfortable on the ice, reminding me of the many hours and days I spent with Thomas when he was skating. Very good memories, those.

The last two nights have been preparation for the upcoming Pinewood Derby event. Yesterday we painted the bodies of the boys' racers, and tonight we applied the clear coat and started working on the wheel assemblies, which we'll finish tomorrow night. The boys are enjoying working with the paint and the sandpaper, and their cars look pretty cool.

All of this will keep me running until about midday Saturday. After the races, I'll bring the boys home and sit them down with a good movie in their room (I have a copy of Brave Little Toaster in the Netflix collection this week), while I get some neglected chores done around the house.

And maybe this weekend I'll even get some sleep.

No comments: