Tuesday, February 16, 2010

An Invisible Move, I Hope

Blogger is phasing out the ability to publish a blog on a server other than Google's. It makes perfect sense; Google spends an inordinate amount of programming resources supporting a method that only a tiny fraction of users take advantage of. It shouldn't affect anything except for those few of you who might directly have bookmarked my blog, in which case you should access it from the main Web site and create a new bookmark.

I apologize for the repeat pictures, some of which are now two months old. I'll take up the slack by the weekend, but frankly there hasn't been much opportunity for photography in the last couple of weeks. What I may start doing, rather than try to make the Picture Of the Day represent the latest happenings here at Brooks Bunch Central, is provide a nice selection of fun pictures from our entire collection. Then I'll upload the topical pictures to the blog so I can tell the whole story.

The pictures I put in the blog are now available through our Picasaweb galleries, so you can still see them without having to sort through the blog entries.

As usual, TheBrooksBunch.com is in a constant state of change. Maybe one day I'll figure out what actually works and stick to it.

But probably not.

No comments: