Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hunkered Down

The cold weather has continued in New Hampshire. We haven't had a lot of snow, especially not compared with our neighbors to the south, but we haven't had much in the way of thawing since the last oddball warm spell. It's played havoc on the heating bill, and caused the cancellation of some of the boys' outside activities.

Of course being something of a shut-in has been good for me; I've gotten a fair amount of writing done, and I'm about the record my sixth song since October first. A little behind where I expected to be, but I'm close to catching up with two more songs in the pipeline.

It's a little hard on the video production side, but I'm still writing things that I can shoot when the weather warms up.

Which will start to happen soon. "Warm" is a relative term, of course; nothing starts to get what anyone in Southern California would consider warm until well into April around here. But the next week or so will actually see a few days where it's above freezing.

And that's enough to pull us out of our shell. For awhile, anyway.

No comments: