Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Late Start

William and Daniel had delayed openings for school so their teachers could get extra training. This happens two or three times every school year, and it makes for a hectic morning, especially on days when Karen leaves right between the two boys. Like this morning.

Normally weekday mornings are a continuous flow of getting everyone on their way. William gets up at 5:30 to get ready for school. I get up about twenty minutes later to get myself put together so that I can wait for the bus with him. As soon as he is on the bus, it is time for Daniel to get up and get ready, which takes a bit longer and requires more pushing from me.

Karen's schedule varies, although right now she's working most days from 10:00 to 7:00, so I help her get everything together for the day soon after Danny gets on the bus.

Thomas takes care of himself, of course, and normally without anyone interfering because he tends to work afternoons and evenings.

But on these days when the boys catch the bus two and a half hours later than normal, everybody is up before anybody starts to get ready. And no one is keeping track of time.

Except me. That's my job.

It also makes for a late start on my day, and so it's time for me to get moving.

No comments: