Monday, March 03, 2008

Curb Appeal

Our new house has several nice features, including two open-concept kitchens and a half-story master suite/studio. But right now the feature that excites me most is one you'd never see listed in a real estate ad: a short driveway.

At our current home, there is 150 feet of asphalt that needs plowing and shoveling. At the new house, enough room for the cars, a little extra for the plow piles left by the town, and a foot path to the front door will suffice.

Of course, I don't expect to experience this advantage next winter, because I will be in California. But I am perfectly willing to let Thomas be first to take advantage of this convenience. I'm generous that way.

No snow predicted for the next 10 days, but we are expecting rain during the next couple of days, which means slush and the potential for flooding.

Oh well. It will a good test of our new basement's waterproofing.

I'm writing this while watching William warming up for basketball, his last of a season shortened by weather. At seven, though, he doesn't mind. There's been plenty of snow to play in, and that makes up for it nicely.

Yesterday the boys went swimming. No, they didn't have to break through the ice; they went to a birthday party at an indoor pool.

Right now I have to break off writing to watch the game. A tough job, etc., etc.

No comments: