Sunday, March 16, 2008

Rehearsing

I'm standing backstage at The Village Players theater, waiting for my cue to go on during a rehearsal of "You Can't Take It With You." We're refining the blocking, so it may be a while before my next entrance, as we keep backing up and trying something a bit different. Mostly refinements at this stage (so to speak); with less than three weeks until we open, the show is coming together very nicely.

Of course, there is a lot of running around going on. The set is essentially done, so now the stage manager, the prop mistress, and the lighting tech are getting the lay of the land even as we rehearse.

(Brief break while I make my entrance and, ultimately, my exit.)

I'm amazed at how this is coming together. At the end of Act II, there are 13 actors on the 20-foot-wide stage. With a small amount of wrangling, the director has managed to move us into arrangements both pleasing and logical.

There are few things in New Hampshire I will miss when we are away in California. The Village Players rank very high on the list.

No comments: