Tuesday, February 18, 2014

On the Difficulty Of Getting Pictures In February

Keeping up on pictures isn't easy this time of year. It's not that the Brooks family isn't doing anything, it's just that most of what we are doing isn't very picturesque. And how many times can I post photos of my boys playing in the snow or swimming in the indoor pool?

And when something interesting to photograph does come along, such as Danny's Crossover ceremony, it has to take place in the dark during snowfall, when the pictures I take are either blurry (though sometimes interesting—I actually ended using one of them), or dotted with snowflakes obscuring Danny's face.

We spend a lot more time indoors, especially this year when the weather has been so frigid. And right now our house isn't very picturesque, either, because we're trying to get some indoor construction projects moving ahead, and sorting through a lot of the excess we've been storing for, in some cases, a couple of decades, to weed out the things that are never going to get used.  Again, not a very interesting photo op.

Nor are any of my activities much to look at; I am spending a lot of time sitting at one computer or another writing. The results are cool, but the activity itself is hardly photogenic.

On the other hand, the scarcity of picture choices does force me to be more creative. And that in itself makes the effort worthwhile.

I just hope the results will be worth looking at. I leave that for you to decide.

No comments: