Thursday, February 27, 2014

Back On the Ice

Today, for the first time in almost two years, Daniel and William got back on ice skates. I expected that, after a wobbly start and some falls, they would get the hang of it. And I was right. Except for the wobbly part. Or the falling part. It was as though they'd never left.

The boys had decided not to take lessons this year, or last. I was going to get them season passes, but the only public skating hours at our local rink are on the weekend, when I don't always have a car available, or during school, when the boys have, you know, school. But at least I got them there once this season, and seeing how much they enjoyed it, I will do my best to squeeze in one more session before the season ends.

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention: most of the skating rinks in this area are only open in the Winter. This threw me off when we first moved here, because Thomas used to take lessons year-round in California. To do that here, I would have to drive to a rink nearly 30 miles away. The boys aren't that passionate about skating.

No comments: