Thursday, February 13, 2014

White

Winter is not over in New Hampshire, and one look outside confirms that. As does the early arrival of William and Daniel from school; they had a half day because of the snow, which is now falling in earnest and accumulating far faster than anything in my bank account.

The boys are happy, because they get a short day instead of a day they have to make up at the end of the year. I'm happier than I would have been with a snow day, because there was at least a little time in the morning to write.

And at the same time I'm not terribly happy for reasons having nothing to do with school and everything to do with shoveling snow and moving it around with a capricious piece of machinery known around these parts as a snow thrower.

Which, in order to keep up on, I will have to do at least partly in the dark.

Meanwhile, in Burbank, California, it's 79 degrees under mostly sunny skies. And I'm right there, in spirit.

No comments: