Sunday, January 15, 2006

Brrr!

I think I jinxed myself by saying that the weather hadn't been so bad. Last night it started snowing. An inch of snow and ice was expected, but instead we got a think layer of ice and about four inches of snow. And the temperature outside as I write this is 8 degrees. That's Fahrenheit, not Celsius. Overnight, the wind chill is expected to get to 10 below.

But there are warmer days ahead, and hey! I have tomorrow off and so I'm going out for a relatively rare lunch date with my lovely wife, even if it will still be well below freezing at high noon.

And some more unseasonably warm weather is, supposedly, on its way (although my favorite weather Web site, weather.com, missed the boat on this storm), with rain predicted for mid-week. Of course, by the time I have another day off, it will have turned wintery again. Sigh.

No comments: