Friday, October 27, 2006

Another Week Comes To an End

I was trying to post this last night, but something happened with the Blogger server and it wouldn't publish. So I'm posting tonight with appropriate temporal modifications.

Tuesday I stopped by the studios of Citadel Broadcasting, parent company of the local country radio station WOKQ. The producer of the morning show, Megan Brady, happens to have appeared with me in That Darn Plot over the summer, and she recruited me, without resistance, to record the promotional sport for out upcoming production of A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum. The session went well. Well, until the file with my voice-over got lost somehow, and so I'm going back on Monday to try it again. Or I might try to do it in my home studio, such as it is.

Thomas started driving classes yesterday. Not behind the wheel, yet; this is the classroom portion. But soon Thomas will complete his training, get his license, and be able to drive himself to work on the weekends. So I may sleep later on Saturday and Sunday. Or I might not be able to sleep at all. Time will tell. Ouch! I think I feel my hair getting grayer already.

This weekend we will be starting to prepare for winter. I have already brought back our winter clothing from storage, and as I've mentioned, I'm harvesting wood from our other property. We'll have to bring things in from outside--lawn furniture, outside toys, and the like--so that they won't get buried under snow. And, for the first time since moving to New Hampshire, I'll soon be mounting a snow plow on the front of my truck. That's right, the truck came with a plow, and Gordon is going to be pushing snow this winter. Oh joy. That means I get to wake up even earlier than usual on snowy days. What fun!

And speaking of waking up reminds me of going to sleep, which I must go do.

No comments: