Thursday, May 10, 2007

Catching Up, Sort Of

It's been much too long since I added to this blog, though not for lack of things to write about. In fact, things have been very busy around the Brooks household recently, in part because we are finally pulling out of the long winter, waking from the lethargy that so often accompanies the cold.

Of course, there is spring cleaning, which for us is not so much about deep scrubbing as about purging and reorganizing all that just got shoved away since last summer. The tool shed was a high priority, because we are going ahead with building our house. And we're selling the current digs, too big, too expensive, too drafty, and over-taxed. We'll miss the beach, but we still get the pond. We expect to be in our new house by the end of the summer. Wow.

This past weekend, Thomas attended the Junior/Senior Prom. Who'd have thought? He got a suit for the occasion, and he looked wonderful. Pictures to come. He even danced!

Oh, yeah. I turned 50 since the last entry. I guess I'll have to put up pictures of that, too.

I'm also diving right into theatrical directing. I picked a play, Percival Lowell's Refund, and casting begins next Tuesday. The play is one of three one-act plays The Village Players will be presenting on August 24th and 25th, all by new directors.

So, a full summer, but a very exciting one. And one I will try harder to report. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

David said...

Hi, Gordon.

I don't know how I found your blog , but I did . One of those click-on-a-link-leads-to-
clicking-on-another-link-etc.
etc., etc. and here I am.
I actually found your blog and bookmarked it a while back, but then got busy with work
stuff and haven't been back since then. Just wanted to drop a note and say hi to you and Karen . Hope all is well. Sounds like you're keeping busy with various creative endeavors.

We've also had a couple of young men going to Jr. and Sr. Proms lately and it's amazing to think all of our little guys are now growing up so fast . Remembering when they used to play together when we all lived in Lakeview Terrace. That's now actually officially becoming "The Past™" , not just a few years ago... hard to believe we moved away 12 years ago . You and Karen left California when ... ? 2001 or 2002 ? when things started to fall apart at Disney .

We're still in Florida. I got a job at a computer game company after Disney , and that lasted for about 3 years , until recently. Now I'm freelancing from home. Not much animation, but there is some storyboarding and character design work .
We're enrolling James at community college tomorrow !

Anyway, it's nice to have found you again.

-David N