Saturday, September 08, 2007

Count Down

“Reason notwithstanding, the Universe continues unabated” - Douglas Adams

By the time you read this, the countdown will likely be over. If you are numerologically inclined, that is, for today is 9-8-7. It must portend some sort of disaster, of course, but I can’t think what since we have already survived 8-7-6, 7-6-5, 6-5-4, 5-4-3, 4-3-2, 3-2-1, and even 2-1-0, not to mention the much dreaded 6-6-6.

I’m glad something was headed down, though, since the thermometer was not. Very hot, very humid, and the only places we have air conditioning these days are at work, in the car, and in one bedroom (whose? the two that pay the bills, naturally).

“The Pajama Game” rehearsals are in full swing, and on Wednesday night I started learning how to dance. And on Thursday morning I learned how to limp. Well, I already knew how, but I got something of a refresher course. The choreographer and my dancing partner both said I did well, and I know from experience that they are probably lying to make me feel better, the dears. But I’ll work hard not to embarass them in front of an audience. I get to try it again tomorrow.

House building is, well, house building, with all the usual delays and complications, most of them caused by our own conflicting work schedules. But there is progress being made.

I must apologive for the lack of progress on pictures. There is really no excuse; it’s not that hard anymore to create a new gallery, but it just keeps slipping through the cracks. Perhaps I will do another “catch up” gallery tomorrow. And I think it’s time for a new banner of summer scenes, since the end of summer is almost here.

Okay, maybe I’m dreaming. But maybe I’ll surprise you. Maybe.

No comments: