Saturday, March 15, 2008

Reruns

I find myself apologizing again for the reruns of the "latest" pictures, which of course are hardly the latest a week later. I would like to blame it on work, my rehearsal schedule, or my back injury, but the truth is, we just haven't been taking that many pictures lately. Maybe it is because of schedules, or maybe it's because the pictures from this week would look so much like the pictures from last week. Snow, ice, children in winter jackets, the cat sleeping in odd places. . .nothing is going to change much, I'm afraid, until the thaw. But I'll see what I can come up with.

My back, by the way, is feeling better; a day away from my work has helped. along with a good night's sleep on my heated mattress pad, which is always wonderful on a cold winter's night (much better than an electric blanket; won't fall off!), but especially soothing to aching muscles.

Rehearsals are going well. With a few weeks until opening, we're naturally still struggling with lines here and there, but I think this is the first play I've been in where we all seem to feel pretty confident that we'll be ready in time for the show. Of course, the reality is that we always are, but as the show approaches we're usually convinced that's we'll never make it.

Thomas turns 18 in less than a week (Yikes!). His gift this year is a trip to Anime Boston, a convention for fans of Japanese animation. We're all going to Boston to spend Saturday night. I'm not sure what the rest of the family is planning; perhaps a trip to one of the museums. I'll report when it's over.

A lot of preparation to do before we depart for our California trip in July. The biggest obstacle, from the looks of things, will be the weather, though given the way events have unfolded since our move here, I'm sure that something unexpected will come along to make things more challenging.

As if we weren't challenged enough.

No comments: