Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cleaning Out the Cobwebs

I am sitting here working on Web site stuff because I realized that I had fallen behind on the daily pictures (just one day this time, thank you very much) and the blog, then noticed that the banner is now so old that it still has snow-covered trees in the background. True that Spring has been a bit slow in coming, but I don't want to give you the impression that we're all freezing here.

On the other hand, this is one of the few times when I am not jealous of the weather in California, where many members of my family are coping with a severe heat wave. I'm not sure which is worse, but I guess the end of the summer will jog my memory.

Anyway, getting back to the site, I'm working on a new banner, throwing in a picture from last weekend, and vowing to take lots of pictures tomorrow and have Karen do the same. There will be some construction and a trip to the Christa McAuliffe Planetarium. WIlliam's going to a party, but I don't know if Karen is, so there may not be pictures. On the other hand, we're planing to move a bathtub around the side of the house, which might provide more than a few comic possibilities.

I built a wall today! The plumber needed us to have the wall of the top floor shower enclosure done so he can put the feed plumbing in it. It isn't attached to the ceiling yet, because the drop ceiling we're putting in that bathroom hasn't been done, but it's braced and nice and solid. We'll see how good a job I really did when I try to hang drywall on it.

Lots happening at the house now that the weather is decent: plumbing, electrical, septic, pump installation, and siding are all in the works. I will be taking some time off work soon to speed things up. And of course, I'll keep you updated here.

No comments: