Friday, May 21, 2010

Farewell, Astro

Well, in truth, I haven't said goodbye to my van yet. It's sitting where I had to leave it, somewhere along Route 11, waiting for me to find the title, make the proper phone calls, and have it towed to the junk yard.

It wouldn't start when I tried to leave work on Wednesday, and Karen had to come and rescue me (I love it when the lady rescues the knight). I managed to start it Thursday and started to limp it home. But it started making a very disturbing noise in the region of the left front wheel. On closer examination I discovered that some of the lug bolts had sheared off, and only three of five remained.

I found a place to park the van, and decided that I couldn't safely take it any farther. Today I took the day off work to shop for another car. Fortunately I found one, and I bought it, registered it, filled it with the stuff from the van so that the van can be taken away, and even got the new car put on our insurance. Busy day! Pictures of the car to follow.

No comments: