Thursday, September 09, 2010

Grape Things To Come

Labor Day was supposed to be one of Karen's regular days off, but she had to cover the department, and so worked for four hours, which means that today was the first day she's had off since we got back from California.




She did find the time, though, to go out and pick grapes with the boys on Monday, and so sometime this month we will be enjoying grape jelly and (my personal favorite) grape syrup. If you've never tasted concord grape syrup on pancakes, you've no idea what you're missing. Of course, until Karen decided to make it for the first time a few years ago, I didn't know either.

This has mostly been a week of trying to establish routines for school, Karen's work, and my search for income, along with the usual household chores including cooking, cleaning and, well, building. It still feels very disorganized, but it's only been about a week since the boys went back to school, so I'm probably expecting too much, too soon.

But then, if I don't come to expect it, it will probably never happen, so I think I should keep my standards high.

I actually have a date with my wife in the morning for a walk in town and breakfast out, so I'm not going to stay up too late.

But I'll do my best to keep you up to date.

No comments: