Thursday, January 20, 2011

Almost Under the Weather

That is to say, the pile of snow left by my snow removal efforts is almost taller than I am. By tomorrow afternoon I suspect it will have exceeded my height by at least a few inches, since we are getting yet another snowstorm starting at about 3:00 tomorrow morning and lasting nearly twelve hours.

It will create, I'm quite sure, the third snow day for the school in the last two weeks. Meaning that my children will have school on a Saturday once in February, and again in March, and again, it seems, in April.

It also means that I will be spending most of the morning worrying about my wife getting safely to work (good thing she's such a careful driver or I'd be a nervous wreck), and nearly all of the afternoon blowing and shoveling snow. Fortunately I won't have to worry so much about Karen getting home; the storm should have passed and the roads should be mostly clear by the time she gets off work.

And then there's the weekend, which won't bring more snow, but will bring truly frigid temperatures, with one night predicted to drop to 14 degrees below zero, with the daytime high being only seven degrees. Fahrenheit. Brrr.

So, I'm not just under the weather's height. It's also getting the upper hand.

No comments: