Sunday, July 31, 2011

Spent

I have the day off. Sort of. Karen has to work, so I have the kids at home, and we have a lot of work to do around the house, and the boys have writing and reading and math to catch up on. But for the first time in a week, I do not have to go the the theater.

Don't get me wrong, I love the theater. But it's been the most exhausting week I've had in a long time. We had a lot of technical issues coming into closing night, and we never would have made it if not for a dedicated cast and crew who helped me set up our special effects lighting at the last minute. The effect--the Northern Lights, a shooting star, and snow--debuted on the stage on opening night!

Of course, the cast put on an incredible show, and we were lucky to have about 165 people in the audience; big crowds make for better shows, because their reactions give the performers extra energy. I guess some of our pre-show publicity paid off!

The add to my tiredness, I went to Maine to pick up William from camp on Friday morning, from there to North Conway to get Tom so he could see the show, and then home to finish the video editing for the theatrical effects. Tom animated the shooting start for me!

Yesterday, after the boys had a chance to play video games with Tom in the morning, I drove him back to North Conway, gave the boys a chance to play in the water, fed them at Burger King, and then drove all the way back to the theater to put on the second show.

So today I am a bit tired. But there is a lot to be done, so resting will have to wait for bedtime tonight.

I don't think I'll do any work in the bedroom today, though. I think the temptation would just be too much.

No comments: