Sunday, March 16, 2014

Winter Coming To An End?

There has been about eight inches of snow since the last time I wrote in this blog. The blizzard turned into the first six inches, light and fluffy and without the wind, not not really a blizzard. And not even close to the timing the weather reports predicted.

Which was annoying, because the boys could have had the full day of school, including Danny's after-school Lego Club and his Scout meeting, if the weather predictions had been accurate. There's been a lot of that going on this season.

In other news, our stove isn't working. In a fit of truly bad design, if the computer in the stove crashes, the oven and the burners cease to function. I know from past experience that there is a special key combination that will restart the computer and potentially solve the problem.

However, no one at the manufacturer's customer service line actually knows how that works. They want to send a technician out, at my expense, to probably do something that I could do myself in five minutes if they had the information on how to do it.

There is no customer service left, I'm beginning to believe. I refuse to yield, though. I will find, remember, or deduce that key combination if it kills me. Meanwhile, we are getting along with a hot plate, the crock pot, the microwave, and the bread maker.

We also have a working stove and oven downstairs in a pinch, but bringing hot food up the stairs is not something we want to do every day. And as a result, we're rediscovering some of our favorite crock pot meals. And when the weather gets better, we'll be enjoying sandwiches and salad.

And, by the way, don' buy appliances made by Samsung. They should stick to tablets and phones. Really.

No comments: