Saturday, November 05, 2005

Trying to Keep Up

I'm still not getting the hang of doing regular updates, although I have some pictures to put up and there is a lot going on. And therein lies the problem. This weekend, for example, we have someone coming to look at the house. Unexpectedly. And since we are just in the process of moving back in, after having moved almost everything out, we have to scramble to make the house look half decent. I hope it's all worth it!

Karen has just finished two more classes at Hesser College: Textiles and Architectural CAD. Grades aren't in yet, but I am comfident that she did very well. She's also midway through Materials, an architectural engineering course, which is something of a stretch for her, with no construction experience (although the experience of building one-and-a-half houses has helped).

I'm trying to get all of my gear together to make it easier to put together a reel, andperhaps find a job closer to my own field. Not that there is anything wrong with my redundant, boring, far-away job. . .well, you get the picture. But aside from that, having my gear together will also make it easier to work on the Web sites, so you and those I direct to GSBrooks.com will actually see changes on a regular basis. I hope.

Winter is on its way, although we've had a mild week. What we don't know yet is if we'll be spending the winter in a cozy little rented house with low heating bills and no long driveway to plow, or spending another winter here in this big drafty summer camp. I'll keep you up to date!

No comments: