Monday, November 28, 2005

Let It Snow. . .Oh, Wait, No. . .

Well, the Thanksgiving weekend has come to a close. The predictions of snowfall were amazingly accurate, the two-to-four-inch estimate preceding a difference-splitting three, enough to have me slipping and sliding all over the road on my errands Thursday, though my commute on Friday was along well-plowed roads.

On Saturday, Karen and I went down to Concord to do some early-morning shopping, missing the "Black Friday" crowds by a day. In the afternoon, Karen volunteered at the Wolfeboro Area Children's Center to help children do holiday crafts. William and Danny went, too, William doing several craft projects, and Danny doing almost none, being too interested in the toys at the center. But he did them later at our dining room table with Karen.

Today I went back to work in fog and feezing rain. Winter is still nearly a month away, but we can't tell from here.

No comments: