Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Danny is Three!

Yesterday was Danny's third birthday. The celebration was unusual; Karen couldn't be there in the evening because of school, and I coudn't be there in the morning because of work, so Danny had two birthday parties, a breakfast party with Karen, and a dinner party with me.

Actually, those were two of the four birthday celebrations Danny had. The first was at Chuck E. Cheese's on Monday. We all crammed into Karen's Subaru, because my Astro Van was in the shop getting looked over for a new transfer case. The boys had a lot of fun, and I couldn't get Danny to leave until I chased him down and carried him out of the door. The party animal!

Temperatures are getting very low around here, well below freezing every night, never above freezing today, although we are expecting some milder weather, in the thirties, next week. We are also expecting snow, so it's a good thing my all-wheel drive is getting fixed at the end of this week. Lately I've been parking on the vacant lot next to our driveway at night when slick conditions are expected, so that I don't get stuck trying to get up our driveway, something I never had to worry about when the AWD was healthy.

I see that Southern California is expecting daytime highs in the sixties and seventies next week. I wish I could experience a little of that in the middle of the winter. Oh, wait, I will be!

No comments: