Saturday, August 04, 2007

Street Fair Day

Today was day two of the annual Huggins Hospital Street Fair. People donate their unwanted items which are sold, some flea-market style, some at auction.

I took the two young boys to poke around. We didn' buy much, but we did find some neat things. William found a Veiwmaster toys that doubles as a binocular microscope. And it really is binocular; I was amazed. Danny found several Matchbox cars, a perpetual favorite for him. Each boy bought two books, and I found some books that I hope will help me with the new house.

I also found a computer keyboard. Now, of course, I have all the keyborads I need for all of the computers we have, but this is one of those ergonomically-correct keyboards that are suppose the be better for your wrists.

I'm typing on it now. It takes some getting used to, especially if, like me, you have developed some bad typing habits, such as pressing the "B" key with your right index finger. Sorry, it's not there! The keyboard is split into two halves, angled away from each other and sloped so the your hands rest more naturally. But it's best suited to good typists. Perhaps it will help me break thos bad habits.

After a short trip to the Street Fair, we picked up some lunches at the local market and headed for the newest park, The Nick. There was a stiff breeze there, which made eating a challenge, though it certainly felt wonderful on this hot, sticky day,

No comments: